Frequently Asked Questions & Customer Service
If you have any question about our service, please start by looking through the questions below. We've collected well over 100 of the most commonly asked questions over the last 20 years and provided detailed answers; so there is a very good chance that you will find a solution here much more quickly than you could by contacting us.
If you do not find an answer in our FAQs, please find the FAQ which most closely matches your question and then take the 3rd option at the bottom of the FAQ page to submit your question directly to our helpline. This helps us by categorising your question and automatically providing information about your web browser. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very sorry but we do not offer assistance by telephone.
HELP BULLETIN – hot topics and current known problems
Logging on, membership, gifts, payments, renewal
Logging on, passwords, email address, personal details
- I have forgotten my password
- I am unable to log on
- I have changed my email address
- I want to change my password, payment information, address or other details
- I have a question about automatic log on
Membership, cancellation, payment
- Please cancel / do not renew my membership
- Is membership of jacquielawson.com free?
- How long does my ecards membership last, and how many cards can I send?
- When does my ecards membership expire?
- How do I renew, and how much does it cost?
- Why did you charge me twice?!
- Please renew my ecards membership using the same card details as last year
- How do I join your ecards service?
- I have a question about methods of payment and currencies
- Can I pay by cheque or money order?
- I am getting a new computer. How do I transfer my membership?
- You have renewed my ecard subscription without my permission!
- Why did you decline my credit or debit card payment?
Viewing and sending ecards and note cards
Sending cards, card delivery and receipt
- My card wasn't received!
- What is the Jacquie Lawson ecards app?
- I need step by step instructions on how to use this site
- I need to cancel or re-send a card
- How to send an ecard
- How can I change the font size on an ecard?
- What is the maximum length for my message in an ecard?
- How do I book a card to be sent on a future date?
- Can I change the caption or greeting on a card I send?
- If I send to multiple recipients, will they all see the other recipients' addresses?
- I sent a card but the recipient says they cannot view it
- What's the difference between ecards and note cards?
- Can I use more than one email address for sending cards?
- How do I change the sender's name on the cards I send?
- Can your cards be viewed on an iPhone, iPad or other phone or tablet?
- Someone sent me a card. How do I view it?
- Problems viewing cards (including blank screen, no music, other anomalies)
- Do your cards use the Adobe Flash Player?
- Can I download the cards to my computer?
Posting on Facebook, sending by text, social media
- How to send a card by text message, social media, or personal email
- How to post a card on Facebook
Address Book, Card History, Cards Pending
- I have a question about the Address Book and Birthday Reminders
- I have a question about Card History and Cards Pending
Country Cottage, Advent Calendars and other products
General, purchasing and delivery
- What versions of the Advent Calendar are available this year?
- I lost my activation code!
- Can I re-send a product I've purchased to someone else?
- I never received my copy, or my recipient never received theirs!
- Why do ecards subscribers have to pay for these products?
- Why didn't I get a free copy?
- I have non-activated Advent Calendars from last year!
- I have a question about purchasing the Curio Collection, English Garden or Advent Calendar
- I need to cancel my Curio Collection, English Garden or Advent Calendar order
- There's no music/sound in my iPad/iPhone app
- I have a question about the music
- How do I download and install the Country Cottage?
- Can I send the Country Cottage to someone else?
- If I download the Country Cottage to my computer can I also use it on my phone/tablet, or vice versa?
- Is the Country Cottage really free?
- Screen resolutions and full-screen mode in the Country Cottage
- Do I have to be online to use the Country Cottage?
- How do I uninstall the Country Cottage?
Nordic Advent Calendar only
- Nordic Advent Calendar video playback faults, blank red screen, card games not working
- How do I purchase, download and install the Nordic Advent Calendar (Windows/Mac)?
- How do I purchase, download and install the Nordic Advent Calendar (iOS/Android)?
- Can I purchase the Nordic Advent Calendar as a gift for someone else?
- Why are you asking recipients to pay extra for an app, just to receive my gift?
- I received the Nordic Advent Calendar as a gift but I can't install it on my iPad/Android
- If I buy a Nordic Advent Calendar for my computer can I also use it on my phone/tablet, or vice versa?
- Can I exchange a Windows/Mac version for an iOS or Android app version, or vice versa?
- What is the Nordic Advent Calendar Patcher?
- Screen resolutions and full-screen mode in the Nordic Advent Calendar
- Do I have to be online to use the Nordic Advent Calendar?
- Can I run the Nordic Advent Calendar on Chrome OS?
- How do I uninstall the Nordic Advent Calendar?
Cotswold, Edinburgh Advent Calendars, Curio, Garden
- How do I open my Curio Collection, English Garden or Advent Calendar (Cotswold/Edinburgh only)?
- General troubleshooting for Curio Collection, English Garden and Cotswold/Edinburgh Advent Calendars
- How do I uninstall the Curio Collection, English Garden, or browser-based Advent Calendars?
- I have a question about the Curio Collection
- I have a question about the English Garden
- How do I make my Curio Collection, English Garden or Cotswold/Edinburgh Advent Calendar fill the whole screen?
Widgets, Screensavers and other discontinued products
- What happened to your Photo cards?
- I have a question about the Quick Send Widget
- I have a question about Screensavers
- I have a question about the Circus
- I have a question about the Desktop Widget (previously Snow Globe Widget)
- I have a question about the Character Widgets (Jack, Chudleigh)
- How do I uninstall the Adobe-AIR based Advent Calendars (released in 2016 and before)?
- How do I uninstall the Circus, Desktop Widget or Quick Send Widget?
- Why are you not answering my emails?!
- Would you like to use my artwork/music/poetry in your ecards?
- How do I set up a shortcut to click on to go to your site?
- Can you do private commissions?
- I have an idea for a new card!
- Can't you stop people forwarding cards without paying for an ecards membership?
- I just want to comment on your site or service, and do not require a reply
Privacy, GDPR, security, accessibility
- I have a question about cookies
- How do I stop getting email from you?
- I don't want to receive your ecards!
- What is your policy on accessibility?
- What do you do with data you hold on card recipients?
- What security measures do you have in place for my data?
- I have a query about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)