Frequently Asked Questions & Customer Service
If you have any question about our service, please start by looking through the questions below. We've collected well over 100 of the most commonly asked questions over the last 20 years and provided detailed answers; so there is a very good chance that you will find a solution here much more quickly than you could by contacting us.
If you do not find an answer in our FAQs, please find the FAQ which most closely matches your question and then take the 3rd option at the bottom of the FAQ page to submit your question directly to our helpline. This helps us by categorising your question and automatically providing information about your web browser. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very sorry but we do not offer assistance by telephone.
HELP BULLETIN – hot topics and current known problems
Logging on, membership, gifts, payments, renewal
Logging on, passwords, email address, personal details
- I have forgotten my password
- I am unable to log on
- I have changed my email address
- I want to change my password, payment information, address or other details
- I have a question about automatic log on
Membership, cancellation, payment
- Please cancel / do not renew my membership
- How do I renew, and how much does it cost?
- When does my ecards subscription expire?
- How long does my ecards membership last, and how many cards can I send?
- I have a question about methods of payment and currencies
- Why did you charge me twice?!
- Please renew my ecards membership using the same card details as last year
- Is membership of jacquielawson.com free?
- How do I join your ecards service?
- Why did you decline my credit or debit card payment?
- You have renewed my ecard subscription without my permission!
- Can I pay by cheque or money order?
- I am getting a new computer. How do I transfer my membership?
Viewing and sending ecards and note cards
Sending cards, card delivery and receipt
- My card wasn't received!
- I need step by step instructions on how to use this site
- How to send an ecard
- I need to cancel or re-send a card
- Can I change the caption or greeting on a card I send?
- How can I change the font size on an ecard?
- How do I book a card to be sent on a future date?
- If I send to multiple recipients, will they all see the other recipients' addresses?
- I sent a card but the recipient says they cannot view it
- What's the difference between ecards and note cards?
- What is the maximum length for my message in an ecard?
- Can I use more than one email address for sending cards?
- How do I change the sender's name on the cards I send?
- Someone sent me a card. How do I view it?
- Problems viewing cards (including blank screen, no music, other anomalies)
- Can your cards be viewed on an iPhone, iPad or other phone or tablet?
- Do your cards use the Adobe Flash Player?
- Can I download the cards to my computer?
Posting on Facebook, sending by text, social media
- How to send a card by text message, social media, or personal email
- How to post a card on Facebook
Address Book, Card History, Cards Pending
- I have a question about Card History and Cards Pending
- I have a question about the Address Book and Birthday Reminders
Country Cottage, Advent Calendars and other products
General, purchasing and delivery
- I lost my activation code!
- There's no music/sound in my iPad/iPhone app
- I have a question about purchasing
- Can I re-send a product I've purchased to someone else?
- I have non-activated Advent Calendars from last year!
- Why do ecards subscribers have to pay for these products?
- I never received my copy, or my recipient never received theirs!
- Why didn't I get a free copy?
- I need to cancel my order
- I have a question about the music
- How do I download and install the Country Cottage?
- Is the Country Cottage really free?
- I have a question about the Summer Garden Expansion Pack
- Do I have to be online to use the Country Cottage?
- If I download the Country Cottage to my computer can I also use it on my phone/tablet, or vice versa?
- Screen resolutions and full-screen mode in the Country Cottage
- Can I send the Country Cottage to someone else?
- How do I uninstall the Country Cottage?
- What Advent Calendars are available this year?
- Can I purchase the London Advent Calendar as a gift for someone else?
- How do I purchase, download and install the London Advent Calendar?
- What if I buy the London Advent Calendar as an in-app purchase?
- If I buy a London Advent Calendar for my computer can I also use it on my phone/tablet, or vice versa?
- How do I uninstall the Advent Calendar?
- Can I run the Advent Calendar on Chrome OS?
- Do I have to be online to use the Advent Calendar?
- Screen resolutions and full-screen mode in the Advent Calendars
- How do I get out of the app?!
- Troubleshooting for London Advent Calendar (Windows 10 only)
Other Jacquie Lawson Apps
- What is the Jacquie Lawson ecards app?
- I have a question about the Jacquie Lawson Colouring App
Curio Collection and English Garden
- How do I open my Curio Collection or English Garden?
- General troubleshooting for Curio Collection and English Garden
- I have a question about the Curio Collection
- I have a question about the English Garden
- How do I uninstall the Curio Collection or English Garden?
- How do I make my Curio Collection, English Garden or Cotswold/Edinburgh Advent Calendar fill the whole screen?
Widgets, Screensavers and other discontinued products
- I have a question about the Desktop Widget (previously Snow Globe Widget)
- I have a question about the Circus
- I have a question about the Quick Send Widget
- What happened to your Photo cards?
- I have a question about Screensavers
- How do I uninstall old Advent Calendars (2019 and before)?
- How do I uninstall the Circus, Desktop Widget or Quick Send Widget?
- I have a question about the Character Widgets (Jack, Chudleigh)
- Why are you not answering my emails?!
- How do I set up a shortcut to click on to go to your site?
- I have an idea for a new card!
- Can't you stop people forwarding cards without paying for an ecards membership?
- Would you like to use my artwork/music/poetry in your ecards?
- Can you do private commissions?
- I just want to comment on your site or service, and do not require a reply
Privacy, GDPR, security, accessibility
- I don't want to receive your ecards!
- How do I stop getting email from you?
- I have a question about cookies
- What do you do with data you hold on card recipients?
- What is your policy on accessibility?
- I have a query about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- What security measures do you have in place for my data?